Talk:Let It Die Wiki
Social media feeds?
Right, so I spotted the Twitter feed, which is empty. I'm not sure if it's because of inactivity or a broken API, but that should be looked at. In addition to social media from the devs, alternative feeds could be added to show community activity and discussions. Personally, I had reddit in mind, but I'm sure there could be others.. Twitch, perhaps? -- Giomancer (talk) 22:38, 28 June 2017 (UTC)
- The twitter feed still works for me. Sometimes it can be a bit buggy as far as loading the tweets, but a refresh usually solves the problem.
- As far as Twitch and Reddit goes - I'm not quite sure how/where you'd want to put those (and in either case I'd be strongly against putting any kind of live Twitch Stream on the front page just because those things usually make my browser stutter and freeze).
- Maybe you could have a section of the page devoted to community things like links to reddit and notible youtube/twitch streamers?
- Either way, if you have any ideas you can always modify the Sandbox version of the page. Any changes made to the sandbox won't show up on the front page so you can use it to play around with adding info to the front page or redesigning how it looks.
- --Muntyness (talk) 23:00, 28 June 2017 (UTC)
- Twitter feed also looks also fine to me, Maybe you can put in a support ticket if you're seeing issues? In regards to Twitch, as we're owned by them, you can see on the top left "Live On Twitch" shows the current feeds from people playing the game (the same for every wiki), so that might help you out there. Reddit might be difficult to implement in content, but yeah as @Muntyness mentioned a community spot might work out, and you're free to change and add it on the sandbox. --Z3ther (talk) 07:52, 29 June 2017 (UTC)
So what do people think of the new layout?
To be honest I kinda prefer the old layout. I think it looked nicer when they were in their own seperate box and that the Quick Links were easier to go through when they had bullet points and were divided into sections. I also think they were easier to read and use when they were located in the middle, instead of the upper right corner of the page.
So yeah, can we talk about which one we prefer? Or if there's a better design than either of the layouts?
If you want to see both versions, you can just click on the date in the History tab and that will load up the version of the page for that date.
- So I resigned the front page on the sandbox, which might be a better alternative if you think so we can copy/paste it in. What do you think, we can change the important game links so there's more content to be beneficial to the users, as you wish. --Z3ther (talk) 10:53, 28 February 2017 (UTC)
- Hey, I took a look at your redisign, and there were some things I liked and some things I didn't. So I made a redesign of your redesign in the sandbox. I've just used tables for the layout as I don't really have time to properly do things, but that's roughly what I think the front page should look like. Thoughts on the layout?
- Muntyness (talk) 11:46, 28 February 2017 (UTC)
- Edit: Alright I've done up the Sandbox properly now. Let me know what you think.
- Muntyness (talk) 18:17, 28 February 2017 (UTC)
- Looks super great imo, although you might want to adjust the images section, as it looks quirky on different sizes of screens, but much better than it is currently. --Z3ther (talk) 18:44, 28 February 2017 (UTC)
- ohh, i didn't know there was a test page like that! i suppose i should have asked first, eheh
- this version looks fantastic tho - the links are clean and visible near the top like i was trying to do, while still being easy to read like muntyness mentioned. the twitter window is a cool addition as well, i've been thinking about how it'd be nice to have updates & events somewhere and this'll do the job perfectly
- Eithris (talk) 23:07, 28 February 2017 (UTC)
Really didn't like the way this page looked and it's arguably the most important section on the wiki, especially the Quick Links because they are sort of the launching pad and index. It would be nice if someone could go from the front page to any other page on the wiki without searching and just clicking deeper into a topic since all this information is sort of categorized by nature. Also, the "What’s Your Death Wish?" section seems like filler information that has been there since before the game came out and could be merged with the main summary or removed to make visual field space for stuff that people are actually looking for like where to find the next stamp or what their weapon is gonna need in order to upgrade, etc. Sylpa (talk)